Measures for Applying for the Phase-I Project of “CCTSS Catalogue of Sinologists, Translators and Institutions”
CCTSS, as a comprehensive platform for culture translation studies and communication that pools together Chinese and foreign sinologists, translators, and publishers, will conduct research targeting sinologists, translators and publishers from 63 countries speaking 11 languages and launch the first phase of the “CCTSS Catalogue of Sinologists, translators and institutions”. This project aims to strengthen the CCTSS’ cooperation with overseas sinologists, translators, and publishers, formulate a complete catalogue of sinologists, translators, and publishers and put in place database to support the communication of Chinese culture.
I. Project objectives
This project covers 11 languages including German, French, Hungarian, Czech, Thai, Mongolian, Spanish, Portuguese, Sinhalese, Nepali, and Russian and will conduct surveys in Western Europe, Northern Europe, ten ASEAN countries, Mongolia and fiver South Asian countries, Spanish-and Portuguese-speaking countries, 16 countries in Eastern Europe and Russian-speaking countries, for the purpose of updating the information of sinologists, translators, and publishers with expertise in corresponding languages and from relevant regions and formulating a catalogue.
II. Requirements for application
1. Applicants shall be persons or specialized institutions familiar with sinologists, translators and local publishers in the target regions and with expertise in target languages.
2. Applicants shall be capable of collecting and filing the prescribed information of sinologists, translators and publishers in an objective and comprehensive manner.
3. Applicants shall be able to complete all the research tasks and submit research reports within the project implementation period.
III. Project applicant qualification
Individuals or specialized institutions in China or the target regions that have the capacity and willingness to carry out research on sinologists, translators and institutions.
IV. Project application procedures
1. Fill in the project application form as instructed by the application guide.
2. Select the individual or institution that undertakes the project through review and evaluation conducted by a panel of experts organized by the Chinese Culture Communication and Translation Center.
3. Sign the agreement with the qualified applicants upon examination to clarify the responsibilities, rights, obligations of both parties and relevant funds, remuneration and deadline for accomplishing the research.
4. Enter the formal project implementation stage if there is no dissent after one week of notice-filing in CCTSS and related media.
V. Project implementation period
The implementation period of the first phase of the “CCTSS Catalogue of Sinologists, translators and institutions” is within three months from the date of signing the agreement.
VI. Contact Information
Contact person: Bai Ke
Address: 1126, B Block, Comprehensive Building, Beijing Language and Culture University, No.15 Xueyuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing
Chinese Culture Communication and Translation Center Beijing Language and Culture University
April 18, 2018
点击下面标题下载附件（Click to download the project application form and information forms of sinologists, translators and institutions ）: